style="margin-top:40px;" The White Witches cottage: Keeping cool tips.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Keeping cool tips.

Here are just a few tips to help keep you cool when the temps get to high .  Here is one I use for sleeping,

(1)  Put a small pillow in the freezer an hour or two before you go to bed. Put a few plastic shopping bags over it to keep ice from forming on the fabric when its in the freezer.  I have a long thin bean pillow and a corn pillow I keep in the freezer along some jel packs.  They are great for many things including ( now this is just me) coming in from cutting grass- toss the bean pillow around my neck on my head and sometimes under my boobs.  Oh this is a nice way to cool off. And at no cost I might add.

(2)  Use silk or satin pillowcases, and satin sheets. These fabrics will feel smoother and cooler as you sleep. They are very nice and you are worth it.

(3)  If you wake up too hot, consider how many coverings are on the bed.  I tend to have a lot, I like the weight of them even in the summer -  maybe sleep uncovered,  or just  1 sheet.

(4)  Wet all your hair, or just all along the hairline in a pinch. The evaporation of the water will cool your head (though it may make your hair a bit frizzy if it's curly!).

Well that is just a few for today.  I hope that gives some incite to someone to help you stay cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment